Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Front wing removal; headlight out to remove
Topic Started: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:53 pm (1,245 Views)
twopointsix
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
I'm just about to replace a nearside front wing with one from a car of the same colour. Car is a 1993 2.0 with standard Sacco panels. As well as the bolts inside the bonnet, which other bolts are hidden away and what do i need to remove to get at them? I've removed the indicator to reveal the bolt at the front of the wing and the side repeater. Do I need to remove the headlight or can I leave this in situ.

Also any tips on removing the Sacco panel without breaking the clips?

Thanks
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shrekky
Member Avatar
Troll hunter
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
theres a bolt just behind the end of the front bumper.............and 3 bolts down the gap between the door and wing.................as for sacco panels,remove the 2 screws from the lock end and just pull sharply ;)

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stwat

I think its best to remove the headlight too. I did on mine but someone may be along to say its not necessary.

There are some bolts at the rear on the wing down the a post. You have to open the door to get to them. Its a tight fit so use a slim extension bar on your ratchet. There are also some along the bottom of the wing under the sacco panel. I think there is also one under the bumper at the front accessed from under the car/wheel arch. This one is quite often rotten and seized solid.

I cant help you with the removal of sacco panels as mine is a pre facelift.

Richy190E
Member Avatar
bubble bubble
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And my top tip is - wrap masking tape or heatshring tubing over the socket and extension bar to prevent chipping the paint.

twopointsix
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks for the replies to date and the tips

"...........as for sacco panels,remove the 2 screws from the lock end......"

I don't understand this bit. Would you please elaborate

Any other advice/tips welcome.

Thanks

Martrider
Member Avatar
Longest build time in history?
I've taken them off lots of times and i still don't know what he means! :lol:

I can't recall any of the sacco panel having screws, aparet from one each on the doors.

Richy190E
Member Avatar
bubble bubble
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think he is referring to the screws at the rear edge of the doors, not the small panels on the wings which normally come free with a good firm
pull.

twopointsix
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
"...........as for sacco panels,remove the 2 screws from the lock end......"

I'm still confused....the sacco panel on the door is retained by a screw at the base of the door. Do I need to remove the door's sacco panel to undo the 3 bolts accessed through the gap between the A-pillar and rear edge of the wing? Or can I leave the door panel in situ and just prise off the sacco panel under the side repeater?

Thanks again for sticking with this guys!

shrekky
Member Avatar
Troll hunter
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
twopointsix
Sat Aug 1, 2009 7:50 am
Do I need to remove the door's sacco panel to undo the 3 bolts accessed through the gap between the A-pillar and rear edge of the wing?
yes ;)

twopointsix
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks Shrekky. That's what I call a concise and very NON-confusing answer!

Will give it a go and see.

twopointsix
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
Removed the sacco panels - after taking off the old front mudflaps and throwing them away. Found all the securing bolts and got them out, ....had to remove the door hinge bolts to get to two of the three bolts behind the A pillar. Thanks again to all for your advice

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Interior · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys