Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Factory fitted immobiliser - is it ok to disconnect the battery?!
Topic Started: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:33 pm (1,288 Views)
menzies
[ * ]
I'm wondering if disconnecting the battery (to change the aerial) will affect the immobiliser as I don't have a key to reset it. Any wisdom anyone?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Neil
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If the Immobiliser is switched off (ie you never use it), then you should be ok.
My car has a Sigma Alarm / Immobiliser and on the siren in the engine bay is the on/off switch, which is key-operated.
The remote fob is dead so I never use it, and the switch remains in the off position.

When I disconnect the battery it lets out the odd chirp, but doesn't turn on or anything.
Recently replaced my battery with no issues too.

gibpetrolhead
Member Avatar
Racing line
If you have any issues starting the car after reconnecting try reconnecting the positive terminal first, that should help. If you have a laserline model with a dash contact switch you have to have the fob on the contact switch and at the same time someone else connects the positive terminal. :$

stwat
Member Avatar

Do the dealer fit sigma alarms have a built in immobilisers or are they simply and alarm? My insurance comp asked if mine had an imob but all I could say was it had a manufacturer/dealer fitted alarm and didn't know if it had an immobiliser.

Neil
Mine is either an SG1 or SG2 and the booklet (which covers SG0, SG1 & SG2) infers that it is both an Alarm & Immobiliser as standard.
Immobiliser was a cost option on the SG0.
Next time I'm in the car I'll try and determine the exact model number of mine. It has the interior ultrasonic sensors, dash LED, etc.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Electrical Systems · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys