Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
looking to buy another 190
Topic Started: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:41 pm (422 Views)
willowgreen
withdrawal symptoms
[ * ]
hi, new on the forum. i previously owned a low miles 190E, 1989 facelift 2.6 manual in rare willow green metallic. i bought this to scratch an itch i'd had from a young age. it was a showroom fresh example, 2 elderly owners, full main dealer history. later passed it on to a family member who had fell in love with it, had more time to love and cherish it, so seemed the right place for it to go. long story short, it fell victim to thieves, they couldnt steal it due to immobiliser so set fire to it! so now that itch is back...... ideally my next 190 would be a willow green 2.6 manual, but i'm not convinced theres another out there. So the plan is this. find a good 2.6 to run daily, and in due course restore a solid car back to as new condition, including a full respray in willow green. dont care how long it takes to get there, as long as i get there! and any help on the way would be appreciated.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daliscar
Member Avatar
Always On The Ball
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1992-2-TONE-LIGHT-DARK-GREEN-MERCEDES-190E-/170909655716?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27cb0262a4#ht_476wt_1417
A green one......Hurry 20 minutes left, it will relist though, it ain't gonna sell.....

And ...Hello , welcome to the forum. ;)
Edited by daliscar, Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:50 pm.

sleepwalker
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
I was looking at that car last night on eBay, Daliscar.

Welcome to the board Willowgreen :)
Sounds like you regret passing on your old Merc :-/ and so sad that it then got torched :crying:
Good luck with finding another one, sounds like you've really in the frame to dedicate time and attention to one now, hopefully you'll find what you're looking for, but as you said, you can always get another one in a different colour and respray it :)

willowgreen
withdrawal symptoms
[ * ]
cheers daliscar. that motor looks quite smart, but after having the 2.6, i really dont think the 1.8 would hit the mark. i think i'm going to stick it out and find a decent 2.6.

daliscar
Member Avatar
Always On The Ball
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There are a few about right now, some on here, search the cars for sale section. You will find one I'm sure....Happy hunting ! :driver:

willowgreen
withdrawal symptoms
[ * ]
thanks sleepwalker, yeah major regrets that the merc is no longer around. dont think i even have any photos of the car except from when it had been torched. all that remains of it is the wheeltrims and badge from front grille! :(

sleepwalker
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
A shame that you don't have any pics to show us, or to look back on yourself. Perhaps you can put those trims and badge onto your next 190 as a small tribute though? :)

Unfortuantely I think having a nice car does carry the risk of it possibly being nicked or trashed :-/
I remember when I was little my dad had a red Capri that he was very fond of that got stolen. By the time the police found it it'd been completely trashed.

I'm sure you'll come across something, knowing you're gonna get another 190 and looking at potential candidates could be quite fun :)

sleepwalker
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Not sure if this would be any good, since it's located in Keighley, West Yorkshire, and you are in Glasgow :-/ but I thought I'd go ahead and post it anyway.

A 1988 190e 2.6 with 95,000 miles on the clock in Willow Green Metallic, with Olive interior, unfortunately not manual like you were after, but an automatic.
Looks lovely though, and condition is described as 'truly immaculate' with jacking points and sills in 'superb condition'.
Perhaps you won't want to spend 3250 quid, but looking at the ad won't cost you anything! ;)

8th car down, on this page -

http://www.mtsv.co.uk/Showroom.htm

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Newbies - & W201 190 Buyers Guide · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys