Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Machine polishing 190E Midnight Blue
Topic Started: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:53 pm (2,448 Views)
Boris Janjic Bgd
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Hello everybody :)

Here is my 190E 1.8 after being machine polished last week. Polishing removed fadings and residues of dry washing,most visible on hood, trunk lid and door parts...Service station has been used 3M car cosmetics. And sorry, about photos taken on cloudy day.Here we go...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stwat
Member Avatar

Very nice indeed. Even though it's cloudy, you can tell it's a deep deep shine B)

Jure
Member Avatar
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
Very nice :)

Dinobyn
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Looking good. A pic taken further away showing the whole car would give us better view and impression of the good work you have had done.

Boris Janjic Bgd
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Thanks guys, tommorow I'm off, so I'd post whole car pics ASAP :) .Merc is looking well now,but here on Mercedes Serbia Forum is very intensive discussion about washing and detailing quality in car wash stations, especially in Belgrade, as there is more than enough of them.Arguments are that just five or six, in the city, are value for money where, clients are happy after their car been treated..Hunderds of others are just "soaping-rinsing-and goodbye " facilities.
How's your experience about that???
Cheers

gibpetrolhead
Member Avatar
Racing line
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Excellent job just keep adding layers of wax. B)

MarkoTheMerc190D
Member Avatar
Diesel Driver
[ *  *  *  * ]
Looks superb Boris B)

Mark

Mick261c
Member Avatar
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
Looks fantastic Boris, it's nice to see a job well done and value for money. Over here you would pay a lot of money for a detail like that, and it's a case of who do you trust with your car?

Boris Janjic Bgd
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Few more photos, to complete impression :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks guys.This colour makes owners life very hard. Seems that car washing is far more serious bussines, than we thought.
@Mark expect my email, soon. :)
Boris

EorS
Member Avatar
Isn't It Midnight
[ *  * ]
Boris Janjic Bgd
Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks guys.This colour makes owners life very hard. Seems that car washing is far more serious bussines, than we thought.
Boris

Huzzah, a fellow midnight. Looks splendid Boris.

Groover
Part of things
[ *  * ]
These cars look great in dark blue

This colour along with black, respond the best to a full cut back.

Keep the pad clean, rinse out as appropriate ..... and don't start with too severe a compound.

This is hard work, but very rewarding indeed ..... I still enjoy doing it !

Gary

Toff190
Member Avatar
190 Mob Member and a Wise Guy.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lovely that, come up like new.

Chunk
Member Avatar
Spammer Zapper

As said above. Its a great colour to machine polish. Will be doing mine again shortly. Might go full detail, Iron out, Clay, Machine polish, hand polish, seal.

BrunoSaccofan
[ * ]
Boris Janjic Bgd
Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Boris

Well said. I have the same color. It's a pain... but the reward makes all of the difficulty so worth it. Great job and beautiful car. BTW, I've always been warned by MB people not to use a car wash place because the paint can be so easily scratched by the cash wash machinery. Also, midnight blue isn't clear coated so it's already more prone to scratching. 190s are part of the last generation of MBs to have paints that were not clear coated. The midnight blue is my favorite color for the 190. A very elegant look.

mika
Member Avatar
Travelling without moving
[ *  * ]
That looks really nice B)

gasgas
Part of things
[ *  * ]
BrunoSaccofan
Fri Dec 1, 2017 5:53 pm

. . . 190s are part of the last generation of MBs to have paints that were not clear coated. The midnight blue is my favorite color for the 190. A very elegant look.

My '92 190D is what they call 'Purple' though it isn't purple at all. I am wondering if this colour fades over time, as the door shuts, if you look at them at the right angle in sunshine do have a sort of purple colour. It has not been resprayed - I did a bit of spraying in my youth so I know the tell tale signs. Trouble is, it has a couple of supermarket trolley dings. If they could be touched out, that would make it superb, the rest of it is as shiny as this one, because I did buy a machine polisher and did it.

From your post, does that mean that mine is not clear coated? I thought that all metallic colours are clear coated, or do you mean that they clear coated plain colours as well?[/quote]

BrunoSaccofan
[ * ]
gasgas
Wed Jan 3, 2018 8:26 pm
BrunoSaccofan
Fri Dec 1, 2017 5:53 pm

. . . 190s are part of the last generation of MBs to have paints that were not clear coated. The midnight blue is my favorite color for the 190. A very elegant look.

My '92 190D is what they call 'Purple' though it isn't purple at all. I am wondering if this colour fades over time, as the door shuts, if you look at them at the right angle in sunshine do have a sort of purple colour. It has not been resprayed - I did a bit of spraying in my youth so I know the tell tale signs. Trouble is, it has a couple of supermarket trolley dings. If they could be touched out, that would make it superb, the rest of it is as shiny as this one, because I did buy a machine polisher and did it.

From your post, does that mean that mine is not clear coated? I thought that all metallic colours are clear coated, or do you mean that they clear coated plain colours as well?
[/quote]Sounds like you're referring to the midnight blue color. I don't see a purple hue in my car. It's not a metallic and yes your car is not clear coated. They need to be waxed regularly to maintain the paint or they will fade.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Car Care/Valeting · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys