Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Leather: how to preserve good seats.
Topic Started: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:34 am (2,014 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

I used to not be afraid of ruining leather.
But, after having my 911 leather for ten years, I put Lexol on the leather, and shortly ruined it.
Within the month, the leather dash and seats started drawing up and pulling out of the seams.
The reason I link it to the Lexol is the timing; of course it could have been the age.

Any advice on how to care for the leather properly?
Quote Post Goto Top

SuprHasan
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
When detailing my car for Concours last year, I ran the vac through to remove debris then used Autoglym Leather Cleaner and a soft brush to clean the seats, followed by Autoglym Leather Care Balm to protect. Very happy with the result.

http://www.twentyfivesixteen.com/2013/10/concours-detailing-day-6-of-5-overtime.html

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Great link Supr! Thanks
Quote Post Goto Top

chrismatheou
Member Avatar
Enthusiastic Bad Boy
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gliptone liquid leather products and a shoe cream in the correct colour that contains no silicone something like Saphir and I assure you you can not do better than that as someone who works with leather. I have tried autoglym and I would say its very decent but I wouldn't recommend it.

However saying all this it also depends what kind of leather you are working with the leather in a 190 is top.

Daveycooper
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Bought this highly rated balm to protect leather from amazon

Comes in a tub, a bit like a hard car wax to apply.

Really gives the leather depth. Used on the bright blue leather bolsters in my 2008 mini. Also gave the tub to my dad who did his whole settee with excellent results!

Great price too and tub will last forever.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005EBNZTI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517661442&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=renapur&dpPl=1&dpID=41fP8Q1zEvL&ref=plSrch
Edited by Daveycooper, Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:38 pm.

Daveycooper
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Not sure why that amazon link keeps going to amazon usa. If you type “renapur” into amazon uk it should be circa £12

Chunk
Member Avatar
Spammer Zapper

Thank you Deleted User & Daveycooper for the tips.

My dads recently purchased C Class and my mum's recently purchased B Class both have half leather.
That should help preserve it
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Davettf2
[ * ]
Hi
For cleaning the seats I use Pears Glycerine soap. Plenty of info on the web out there on this. It's a very cheap, but good, cleaner. You will need to feed the seats after. My seats at 147,00 miles cleaned with pears soap and fed with Autoglym leather cream..

Dave
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Car Care/Valeting · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys