Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My W124; "Janet "
Topic Started: Sat Sep 3, 2016 11:09 am (2,673 Views)
Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
hello Every one.

after more than a Year Since I Sold My ML320 , I Drove around in my Dad's S124 that's Just Giving up on all Levels.

a Colleague of Mine Had this Beautiful W124 E300 1990 with 17" AMG Wheels , front and Rear AMG Bumpers. I thought he Sold Since he was Driving a Jeep.

he then Told me that the Merc. Is Up for sale. and what I did was that I Grabbed It.

in the Time He Drove the Jeep , his Brother Used the Merc. and it didn't See it's Best Days with him .
there is a ton of Work to be Done for Her to Be in her Prime.but She Has Potential.

here is She, as bought.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

changed the Huge Steering wheel and Old gear knob
here is before,

Posted Image

after:

Posted Image

and Now,not a very pretty work was Done.I will have to Find another Shop to Do It Properly.

Posted Image

So Far, this is what I have Done :
Replaced almost all the Steering arms , rods and Connections
Engine Belt.
Front Right Wheel Bearing
front Shocks
windshield
rear-view mirror."was missing when I Bought the Car !!! "
Window Switches
headlights+ Grill
Silencer Replaced.
then MOTed

the Heater Fan only works on Full and makes a wide Range of Noises and Rattles.
the Sunroof Doesn't Close Properly that Hopefully I will Sort out both Today.

the car hesitates at acceleration at the Low RPMs Specially when at operating Temp is Reached. Doesn't do that when Cold.!! any advise ?

the ride height is a mess. How Much does the H&R Set Cost? any One Has Used Set for sale?

Edited by Mohammad, Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:59 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

eagle3
Therapy Needed
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice! Fine old things they are. ;)

Quote:

he car hesitates at acceleration at the Low RPMs Specially when at operating Temp is Reached. Doesn't do that when Cold.!! any advise ?

Mine does that as well. I'm going to change the plug cables. Might work. feckknows

Quote:

Ride height is a mess

I think it's ok for a standard non Sportline.
Edited by eagle3, Sat Sep 3, 2016 11:16 am.

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
eagle3
Sat Sep 3, 2016 11:13 am
Nice! Fine old things they are. ;)

Quote:

he car hesitates at acceleration at the Low RPMs Specially when at operating Temp is Reached. Doesn't do that when Cold.!! any advise ?

Mine does that as well. I'm going to change the plug cables. Might work. feckknows
thanks.

I bought a set my self.with spark plugs too.
the cables some how are different and wont fit.will go and replace them with the correct ones.

syncropaddy
Part of things
[ *  * ]
M103 plug leads, if original, never break down. However, the dissy cap and rotor arm cause all sorts of issues and should always be replaced with the genuine parts from MB and NOT Bosch or anyone else for that matter. Occasionally the plug caps can fail but these can be bought from MB and are easy to fit. Also you should fit MB spark plugs and not plugs from the aftermarket because they simply are not the same.

MercManCraig
Member Avatar
Craig
[ *  *  * ]
There is an argument about buying only genuine ignition m103 stuff. Personally i bought all Bosch and have yet to have any problems, i recently bought a genuine cap as a spare and it was a Bosch cap anyway. Comparing the two together they looked absolutely identical. my 2.6 hesitated when i got it but after going through replacing rubber components ( the afm boot, vacuum lines and the injector seals) the entire ignition system and resetting the air fuel mixture that all went away.
Edited by MercManCraig, Sat Sep 3, 2016 10:52 pm.

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
thanks for the Inputs ,Guys.
I will Go to the Mechanic Today so He can have a better Look.

Sorrry for the bad pictures as my Phone is good taking Pictures as a Potato.

Yesterday I Fixed the Sun Roof "wallbang" and the Heater Blower. Bought an Arm Rest to Replace the Collapsed One on mine.

had a flat Tyre on the Way home and Noticed the Spare Tyre was Gone too. :no:
Replaced the Rears to 17/235/45 and a Spare.

eagle3
Therapy Needed
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Actually it's the insulation on the plug caps on mine that are damaged. I'm sure the cables themselves are fine. But I thought about a new set of NGKs which are almost as cheap as six new caps. feckknows

Rich27
Member Avatar
Admin

Blimey Mo you have been busy.
Lovely W124

eagle3
Therapy Needed
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I found one particularly bad cap which needed changing(took one off the scrapper). Seems to have improved things. I'll get some new caps I think - about a tenner each from MB?

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Rich27
Sun Sep 4, 2016 4:58 pm
Blimey Mo you have been busy.
Lovely W124
:D thanks Mate.
After I changed the Tires I noticed a very Harsh Vibration at 100 Km/h.
went to check that Out. only to Find that I had Both Right Side Rims Bent & the Front one seemed it Suffered the Worst hit of Both.
I Checked all 5 Rims.and Turned Out 3 out of 5 are Bent in a way or another.
took the Car to a Specialized Shop that Promised he Can Fix them.3 Hours of Machining Later, they came out and they Seem to be OK!! although I Don't Trust them any more. they are Original AMG Rims Not Some Chinese or other knockoffs but Still !!

so , I plan on Changing them at the Soonest Possible Chance.

but after all, I am Enjoying Fixing this Car So far. and I hope all this Effort work Out Well.

the hesitation is Still Being Investigated. on my way to the Mechanic, I noticed a Knocking Like Sound at very High RPM under Load. I wounder what would Be too!! :'(

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
eagle3
Sun Sep 4, 2016 5:06 pm
I found one particularly bad cap which needed changing(took one off the scrapper). Seems to have improved things. I'll get some new caps I think - about a tenner each from MB?
they cost around 50 pounds for the Set Here .
Edited by Mohammad, Mon Sep 5, 2016 11:07 am.

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
yesterday had the Chance to Change the Injectors.Quite Easy Job Really!
and Found a Couple of Vacuum Lines Disconnected.got them Right where they Should Be and Others which I Didn't Know where the Hell Are they Supposed to Be.

the car Runs Very very Smooth again.Reminds Me why I Love M103s .but Still it is Clear there are Some Ponies Missing.
I will Go To Jordan tomorrow and get that Checked as the Mechanics are Much More Experienced in these Cars than here.

now Only Remaining is to Fix the Ride Height of the Car some How and hopefully that's it for now.maybe a couple of Months Down the Road Fresh Paint and another Round to Check that Every Thing is as It Should be.

mick
[ *  * ]
Very nice looking car, you can't beat the older Mercs so classy. 😎

rhysmangatmotorsport
Member Avatar
Mangatmotorsport
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Congrats it's a sweet car.

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just Got Home back From jordan. Never Got a Chance to get the car Checked. but the car Is So far Very Good.very Solid and Rattle Free even on High Speeds.
the fan on the Engine annoyed the Hell Out of me all the Time.it seems the Clutch is Stuck Engaged and the car Sounds like a huge Truck with that Fan Shouting at me.
I am Thinking of Changing it to an Electric One.
Edited by Mohammad, Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:06 pm.

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
thanks a lot , Guys.

eagle3
Therapy Needed
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Should be a visco fan on the M103..

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
eagle3
Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:54 am
Should be a visco fan on the M103..
it is . But it is Not Disengaging for Some Reason.it is Common here in Saudia to Keep the Fan Engaged SOme how to Help the Engine with the Heat!
Edited by Mohammad, Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:38 am.

Silver star
Member Avatar
Addicted
[ *  *  *  * ]
Great looking car Mohommad!

Wishing you many happy miles together! :)

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Silver star
Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:06 am
Great looking car Mohommad!

Wishing you many happy miles together! :)
thanks a lot ,Mate.

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I was wondering if Installing an LSD is a Straight Forward Job? Does it need any Mods or Other parts?

Trying to Pull Away Sideways but only Got One Tire Fire .Not Funny at all! :lol:
Edited by Mohammad, Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:07 pm.

optimusprime
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Mohammad you could fit electric fans in there .Get one from the scrap yard , pleanty room in the front of radiator to shoe horn one in. Or at the rear . If fitted to the rear you can remove original fan clutch. And switch the fans so you could put them on when you need it. :)

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
optimusprime
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:40 am
Mohammad you could fit electric fans in there .Get one from the scrap yard , pleanty room in the front of radiator to shoe horn one in. Or at the rear . If fitted to the rear you can remove original fan clutch. And switch the fans so you could put them on when you need it. :)
I actually Have Two upfront and one at the Back with the Clutch!!
I will Try to FInd one that Fits behind the Radiator and that is Big Enough to Do the Job!

Toff190
Member Avatar
190 Mob Member and a Wise Guy.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Very nice Mohammad, the 124 is a lovely car to own and drive.

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Toff190
Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:36 pm
Very nice Mohammad, the 124 is a lovely car to own and drive.
thanks a lot Toff! they Certainly are.
I have waited for so Long Trying to FInd a Half Decent 190 with No Luck.so the w124 is the Next Best Thing .

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
any tips regarding the LSD, Guys? I read most of the LSD Related POSts with no luck.
does it Need any thing other than the LSD Diff it Self?

aemt
Serial 190E Owner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hallo Mohammad,

Great to hear from you again.

Looks like you have found a nice drive there.

Andy

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
aemt
Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:04 am
Hallo Mohammad,

Great to hear from you again.

Looks like you have found a nice drive there.

Andy
hi there Andy.

thanks a lot.

eagle3
Therapy Needed
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I wouldn't bother with an lsd.

You could get another another diff(shortish final drive) weld it up and swap them over for a drift day. But you could do with a bit more power really. :-/

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
eagle3
Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:20 am
I wouldn't bother with an lsd.

You could get another another diff(shortish final drive) weld it up and swap them over for a drift day. But you could do with a bit more power really. :-/
is it that Hard?
Does it Need Many Parts and Work?

Since it is My Daily I can't Weld the Diff.

yep!! Totally True about the Power, though.I need a lot More.

I am Considering M112-Kopmressor From C32 AMG! but that Might Be waaay down the road!

MercManCraig
Member Avatar
Craig
[ *  *  * ]
The m112 isn't a very pretty engine to look at you'd be much better off with a C36 m104 engine. Lovely straight six and it'd fit nicer too :wub:

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
derlaudtraut
Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:44 pm
The m112 isn't a very pretty engine to look at you'd be much better off with a C36 m104 engine. Lovely straight six and it'd fit nicer too :wub:
I Have Heard That a couple Of Times. But WHy isn't the m112 good?
I used one on my Old ML320 for a year and So. absolutely Loved it.Much Easier to Work On than the M103 imo.

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
the Knocking Sound is Bugging the Hell Out Of Me.
as I mentioned Before, there is a Knocking "Clearly from Detonation" SOund over 4k RPMs when I am Flooring it.
If I put the EZL Knob on N or Higher "can't Remember the Number RIhgt Now" , the Knocking will Disappear but the Engine Become Less Responsive.
I found the best Setting for My Liking is Between S and N. thats where the Engine Knocks!!!!

I read Some where that if the Engine Head Is Machined , it will Need a wider Gap Between the Spark plug poles to prevent this Knock!
I can't Recall where I read that.
I think the Engine Head on this Car was Machined to Fix some Damage caused Be Head Or What Ever that Might Have Caused a Damage!

what do you Guys Suggest to Solve this?

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just Did a Little Photoshoot the Other Day.
https://www.facebook.com/Zeyaimages/photos/a.575606992632634.1073741845.403410363185632/575607455965921/?type=3

Janet the 300E

amasud
Part of things
[ *  * ]
did you manage to fix the knocking?

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Actually, not yet.
I am Running it on Higher Octane Fuel which Reduces it A lot.
Maybe Soon I will Change the Spark Plugs to Colder Ones to See if that Solves it.
Edited by Mohammad, Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:52 pm.

amasud
Part of things
[ *  * ]
is it diesel?

had a loud knock on my 99 w210 e3ootd didn't used to it when engine was cold

after replacing injector pump it no longer knocked

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
amasud
Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:12 pm
is it diesel?

had a loud knock on my 99 w210 e3ootd didn't used to it when engine was cold

after replacing injector pump it no longer knocked
no. actually it is M103 3.0 thats petrol.

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

yours Truly

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mohammad
Member Avatar
weneakhborz
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lately the Engine Over heated and I found out that the Gear box Oil Cooler in the Radiator was Leaking and Caused the Radiator to block.

then the Engine Started to Sound.... harsher and Started Ticking . and it doesn't Sound as Smooth as Before.the Morning Starts are Painful and the Valves or Valve arms Keep Ticking for Longer than Usual.actually a very long Time . some Times a couple of Minutes.

add to that the Engine is Leaking Oil From Front and Back "A lot of Leaking".So i thought About Changing the Engine as it will cost me around the same to Fix.

So ,for the Same Cost , More or Less, My Wish List for the Engine is :

1- Changing to a fresh Engine M103 and Get it Done Quick and Easy. no added Fun.
2-M104 3.6 AMG + Gearbox. Second Easiest.better Engine, More Power. 5 Speed G.B. can Easily add Supercharger Later. :wub:
3-M113 From Early E55 AMG " No Supercharger" + Gearbox , Of course. Quite Cheaper than the M104 3.6 More Power.Fairly Easy to Maintain.
4- M112K from a C32 +Gearbox.Quite Hard Swap.Hard To Source one too.
5- M113K from Late E55 AMG +Gearbox.Hardest and Most expensive of them all. Most Powerful. :driver:

all the Above will Cost Me around the Same of Fixing Mine.
I Really Love Six Cylinders and I really Love the Straight Ones.the Price Range is what Makes it Very Tempting to Shoehorn the M113K inside and Hope It doesn't Kill Me!!

:help:
What do you Think ?

Edited by Mohammad, Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:12 pm.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Non 190 Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys