Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topic Started: Fri Dec 8, 2017 11:00 pm (801 Views)
Light
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Hi everyone, I've just bought an automatic 1990 190D 2.5, and use it commute 84 miles per day round trip, a task it is taking to just fine. I'm hoping to take very good care of it, has already been in for a full service post buying it, so any tips would be great. On the topic of keeping it in great condition, I'm looking for the air vent surrounds on the drivers side and centre, as well as a drivers door card in black fabric.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stwat
Member Avatar

Hello and welcome.

I think the vent surrounds are still available from the dealers. They used to be reasonably priced, although recently the prices for such parts have been going up.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Light
Part of things
[ *  * ]
stwat
Fri Dec 8, 2017 11:10 pm
Hello and welcome.

I think the vent surrounds are still available from the dealers. They used to be reasonably priced, although recently the prices for such parts have been going up.
I'll have a look, cheers for the help. I tried getting a door card but they don't make them anymore apparently, which I think is stupid as the other stuff doesn't really go wrong.

stwat
Member Avatar

The door cards are a weak point in the 190, sadly :-/ . So the stocks got used up faster than most other parts. The same goes for the vent surrounds. So as their stock dwindles the prices start to rocket.

chico
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
Hello and welcome :driver:

Hu99u
Member Avatar
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
Hello and welcome to the forum, will be great to see some pictures of the car. Regarding the vents you can get these in good condition second hand but tend to be brittle with age, brand new if my knowledge is still correct the central one it around the 200 mark and the drivers 100 from the dealers.

Chunk
Member Avatar
Spammer Zapper

Hello there

Light
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Hi everyone, thank you for the warm welcome. I'm still looking out for the second hand air vents, but probably will get new ones as they'll be in better condition.

carexpert
[ * ]
HELLO AND WELCOME TO MERCEDES COMMUNITY

mika
Member Avatar
Travelling without moving
[ *  * ]
Hello and welcome :)

Light
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Posted Image

Just back from getting her delivery valve seals replaced. Anyone know a decent place for alignment around the Buxton area? I tried the local selecta tyre but they couldn't get it right even after I went back four (!) times.

aemt
Serial 190E Owner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Welcome to the forum.

You will have to persevere with the alignment.

Although the data should be available on most computerised alignment systems, it is the ability of the man operating the system that is often the issue.

Also the age of the parts they are trying to adjust to achieve perfect three way alignment can be an obstacle and they give up.

Good luck with the car.

scuddy
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
love that picture :) and welcome to the forum :)

Light
Part of things
[ *  * ]
So another update, found the cause of why the boot chucks a litre of water in the boot everytime it rains and I open the boot. I think the rear window screen seal is buggered, some standing water on the parcel shelf when I removed it (no serious rust thank God). I'm going to try some sealant repair paste, see what happens.

scherrit
Part of things
[ *  * ]
I don't know if you've already checked this but have a look at the sealing of the air vents (exhausts) under the covers on the "C" pillar- you can feel them blowing from the outside if you have the car closed up and the fan on max, and you are at the "C" pillar..... the mastic on them gets hard and most importantly the rear drain pipe from the sun roof MUST be poked into it, not draining into the boot! It's a bit of a fiddle re-installing the pipe into the rubber bellows, but if you stiffen the drain pipe with a double length of coathanger wire, it goes home more easily.

Good luck!

Light
Part of things
[ *  * ]
scherrit
Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:38 pm
I don't know if you've already checked this but have a look at the sealing of the air vents (exhausts) under the covers on the "C" pillar- you can feel them blowing from the outside if you have the car closed up and the fan on max, and you are at the "C" pillar..... the mastic on them gets hard and most importantly the rear drain pipe from the sun roof MUST be poked into it, not draining into the boot! It's a bit of a fiddle re-installing the pipe into the rubber bellows, but if you stiffen the drain pipe with a double length of coathanger wire, it goes home more easily.

Good luck!
Sorry mate, I don't quite follow you. Should I be looking for them to be blowing with the fan full on? And what does it mean if it isn't?

EorS
Member Avatar
Isn't It Midnight
[ *  * ]
Welcome :driver:

scherrit
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Light
Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:44 pm
scherrit
Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:38 pm

Good luck!
Sorry mate, I don't quite follow you. Should I be looking for them to be blowing with the fan full on? And what does it mean if it isn't?
Sorry to confuse the issue, no I was just saying that you can feel the air blowing out of them when you are outside the car, if you wondered where they were ( under the cover on the C pillar). They are there to let the ventilation system blow air out of the car easily, but also serve to locate the rear drains from the sunroof.

500man
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Welcome on here a lot of good peep here with lots of help on hand many happy miles in her

Light
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Right, with a bit of Capt. Tolleys sealent fixer, I've managed to fix the leak. The next issue is the sunroof. I think a video would be the best way to describe it, in essence every function works except the tilt down switch. It can tilt down, using a different switch position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZAiiBT_kP0

Greek Taxi
Member Avatar
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
Looks fine to me?

Light
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Greek Taxi
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:15 pm
Looks fine to me?
I might be being a bit thick, but when you pull the switch down, shouldn't the sunroof tilt back down? If I push the button up, it tilts up. If I pull it down, there's a whirring sound but it doesn't go back down.
Edited by Light, Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:19 pm.

carexpert
[ * ]
_-welcome-_ Have a Nice Day

Light
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Does anyone know what the part number for the C pillar vent seals are? Or what the keywords are for them? My local dealership is unable to even find the part on the Mercedes database.

Greek Taxi
Member Avatar
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
re. sunroof, I understand what you mean now.
I think you're right. I had a leccy sunroof on my old diesel, but my current car has a manual roof.
Er, how you fix that I've no idea. But I can see in the video you've got a workaround to bring it back down.

hitenb
Member Avatar
Addicted
[ *  *  *  * ]
Welcome to the forum!

The picture you've uploaded of your car is a contender for the 190E of the month competition.

Happy motoring!

scherrit
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Part numbers for the rubber vent in which the roof rear drain must be located is A 201 831 01 25 for left and A 201 831 02 25 for the right but you shouldn't have to replace these, mostly you can strip it and clean it and the body shell and then relocate the drain and re-seal the vent onto the body with mastic or I just use silicone in black.

Light
Part of things
[ *  * ]
scherrit
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:46 pm
Part numbers for the rubber vent in which the roof rear drain must be located is A 201 831 01 25 for left and A 201 831 02 25 for the right but you shouldn't have to replace these, mostly you can strip it and clean it and the body shell and then relocate the drain and re-seal the vent onto the body with mastic or I just use silicone in black.

Thanks for that advice. The seals are no longer available anyway, so I just used some silicone sealant.

Light
Part of things
[ *  * ]
The saga continues. When I the ignition to the ACC position, the handbrake light is on for a fraction of a second. After that it doesn't come on. How can I fix that?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · Newbies - & W201 190 Buyers Guide · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys