Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MB World Meet 17th Feb Morning GTG; A informal meet for anyone who fancies a morning out. at MB world. Date set Feb 17th
Topic Started: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:49 pm (714 Views)
Marcus190
[ * ]
Hello All.

I am organising an informal GTG morning meet for 190E Owners or anyone fancies a look around MB world. To get the year started the date is set for Saturday February 17th at 9AM.

I have had 5 confirmed attendees on Facebook and thought it would be a good idea to see if anyone on here would like to join us. (Thanks to Sir Jack of Bronite for describing how to use a forum)

So Boring bits first, MB world are aware of the event and have given us the go ahead, and a disclaimer, I am not responsible for your driving/behaviour on the day, cars attend at owners risk - it is a PUBLIC car park. I know were a sensible bunch anyways.

Now onto the good bitÖ

Where - Mercedes-Benz World at Brooklands
Address - Brooklands Dr, Weybridge KT13 0SL
SAT NAV should lead you straight there and is very well signposted :)
Time - 9AM until early afternoon, not limited but does close at 6pm.
Phone - MB world number - 0370 400 4000

Directions to the carpark...
We have been told to park in the railway straight car park, this will have plenty of space, I have attached a map showing how to get there, but here are the instructions beginning as you drive up to MB world on Brooklands DR:

Instructions - With the track on your right and hotel on your left drive towards the MB world main building. At the round about take the first exit and stay on Brooklands drive, follow the road round to the right and take the first major left onto the old Brooklands race track. Once on here you will see the W201s parked up !

Waffle.
It is a Saturday so may be busy, to allow us to park together I have arranged it as a sort of morning meet - the meet begins at 9AM. However it is a public car park so we cannot garuntee we will all be together (but lets hope so).

Food and Drink,
Available inside MB world at a cost. Or bring your own bits.

Spare parts,
If you have any spare bits that you can bring post on the thread and see if anyone is interested in them, It is always good to save the hassle of an eBay bid war.

I have linked the Facebook event page here,
https://www.facebook.com/events/2012153125673083/
Either join on there or let me know here that you will be coming, I say its a meet for the W201 but anything with a three pointed star is welcome and will only add to the fun.

Weather looks to be good for the day so should bring out more cars, there is no shelter in this car park if it does rain, however there is plenty of room in MB world and plenty to look at

Cheers all and I hope to see you there.
Marcus
MAP:
Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Marcus190, Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:56 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chunk
Member Avatar
Spammer Zapper

I'll come along.

Invite extended to you and the facebook group for our annual large GTG there late summer. Still in planning stage at the moment

Marcus190
[ * ]
Chunk
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:05 pm
I'll come along.

Invite extended to you and the facebook group for our annual large GTG there late summer. Still in planning stage at the moment
Will be good to see you there, I will definitely be up for that again, great

JackOBrien
Member Avatar
VAG Parts bin refugee
[ *  * ]
All being well I will attend in my new to me E320 if the DVLA have re issued my V5 by then!

Marcus190
[ * ]
JackOBrien
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:23 pm
All being well I will attend in my new to me E320 if the DVLA have re issued my V5 by then!
excited to see this one so lets hope so !

moleyb
[ * ]
I'm in, never been and I can see what 201's done right look like.

Hu99u
Member Avatar
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
I'll try my best to come but saturday is a day of work for me.

Marcus190
[ * ]
moleyb
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:51 pm
I'm in, never been and I can see what 201's done right look like.
Just to inform you the breakfast meet has now moved to Saturday the 17th of feb- I hope you can still make it !

Marcus190
[ * ]
Hu99u
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:51 am
I'll try my best to come but saturday is a day of work for me.
Just to inform you the breakfast meet has now moved to Saturday the 17th of feb- I hope you can still make it !

Marcus190
[ * ]
Chunk
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:05 pm
I'll come along.

Marcus190
[ * ]
*** Just to inform you the breakfast meet has now moved to Saturday the 17th of feb- I hope you can still make it !***

moleyb
[ * ]
Noted...still in.

Chunk
Member Avatar
Spammer Zapper

Anyone else?

Marcus190
[ * ]
Chunk
Sat Feb 3, 2018 12:25 pm
Anyone else?
12 also confirmed coming on Facebook so hoping to get around 15 cars total but 20 would be great !
M

scuddy
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
Hi Marcus,

Drat, it clashes with a trip to see my folks. But good luck with the event and I hope you all enjoy it. More than likely I'll be at the Brooklands GTG in the summer, so catch you then :)

Marcus190
[ * ]
scuddy
Sun Feb 4, 2018 7:05 pm
Hi Marcus,

Drat, it clashes with a trip to see my folks. But good luck with the event and I hope you all enjoy it. More than likely I'll be at the Brooklands GTG in the summer, so catch you then :)
Ahhh bad timing ! cheers, I will hopefully be at the summer GTG too so I look forward to seeing you there !

Chunk
Member Avatar
Spammer Zapper

My sister is due to give birth on the 16th. I am on call to get her boyfriend to the hospital (he's a non-driver)
I should still make this.

Marcus190
[ * ]
Chunk
Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:19 am
My sister is due to give birth on the 16th. I am on call to get her boyfriend to the hospital (he's a non-driver)
:evo2: good to hear again ! lets hope you can come !

JackOBrien
Member Avatar
VAG Parts bin refugee
[ *  * ]
Chunk
Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:19 am
Does that mean the babyís first car journey could be in a 190E? What an excellent way to enter the world!

All the best for the 16th.

Chunk
Member Avatar
Spammer Zapper

Cheers guys

My sister is now banned from my 190e. In case her waters break. Getting too close now.

Marcus190
[ * ]
Chunk
Mon Feb 5, 2018 7:46 pm
Cheers guys

My sister is now banned from my 190e. In case her waters break. Getting too close now.

haha, as above good luck :)

Chunk
Member Avatar
Spammer Zapper

Might even get the 190 washed in time for this

Marcus190
[ * ]
Chunk
Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:57 pm
Might even get the 190 washed in time for this
Im struggling, will be away until Friday evening, not sure if I'm quite mad enough to wash at 9pm, but then again, maybe I am...

Marcus190
[ * ]
HELLO ALL - REMINDER THAT THE MEET IS TOMORROW AT 9AM (SATURDAY 17TH OF FEBRUARY) AND WE ARE PARKING ON THE RAILWAY STRAIGHT CAR PARK - I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING AS MANY OF YOU THERE AS POSSIBLE

Chunk
Member Avatar
Spammer Zapper

My 190e is washed and 1/4 polished. That will have to do.

EorS
Member Avatar
Isn't It Midnight
[ *  * ]
Iíve got a family do today, shame I could not venture down again. Have a great time all :)

Chunk
Member Avatar
Spammer Zapper

Great day out at Mercedes-Benz World with a mixture of 190 clubs.
The facebook lot meet the forum _-welcome-_

Hopefully they are all signing up as new members and old members coming active again.

The quality of the cars was very impressive. Even the one that survived sliding into a ditch, recovered out, only to have a Land Rover plough into it..... Well done for surviving to make the journey.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Survivor
Posted Image

Couple of turbo conversions
Posted Image
Posted Image

See you all at the summer Mercedes-Benz World GTG and some at the West Mids GTG in May

rhysmangatmotorsport
Member Avatar
Mangatmotorsport
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks good guys, shame my cars are all away, would have been nice, next time!

blumerc
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Great selection of 190s, especially the pre-facelift models! Shame i was busy elsewhere.

Marcus190
[ * ]
Thanks to everyone who turned up today, think we hit 13/14 cars in total and what a variety there was. Engine swaps, the crash wounded and some immaculate pre facelift models. A good laugh and great way to kick off this years event calendar ! Thanks again everyone, Marcus

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Greek Taxi
Member Avatar
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
Well done for organising, Marcus. I was looking through the pics, thinking 'which one got smacked?' then got to the last photo. Oh heck
Fella with the bumper in his hand gives it away.
Edited by Greek Taxi, Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:53 pm.

moleyb
[ * ]
Great day and my first Merc meet, down to earth guys, no snobbery like other meets I've been to. Nice turn out and great weather.

rhysmangatmotorsport
Member Avatar
Mangatmotorsport
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You definitely picked a great weekend on the weather front, was nice yesterday too! The 16v looks very nice, is the owner on here?

moleyb
[ * ]
....Oh and sweet pics Marcus.

Posted Image

Marcus190
[ * ]
moleyb
Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:56 pm
....Oh and sweet pics Marcus.

Posted Image
Cheers, glad you enjoyed the meet. Your car looked great and I'm a fan of the numberplate, your colour also proved to be very popular among the attendees, will be good to see it at future meets !

Marcus190
[ * ]
rhysmangatmotorsport
Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:53 pm
You definitely picked a great weekend on the weather front, was nice yesterday too! The 16v looks very nice, is the owner on here?
Was very lucky, considering the forecast is miserable for tomorrow !

Marcus190
[ * ]
Here is the video link to the youtube video I made of the day, just a short one, nothing too in depth, but a good look at all the cars who attended...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q65ha6eSC-c

Chunk
Member Avatar
Spammer Zapper

Great video Marcus.

stwat
Member Avatar

Fantastic. What a great turnout folks B) :evo2: :driver: rockon

moleyb
[ * ]
Mental, great vid.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Local GTG's & Meetings · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys