Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Miss fire when warm
Topic Started: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:41 am (139 Views)
Big
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Hi guys been a long time since i last posted. Cars been fab until lately

So the car has started missfiring when warm and takes a while to fire in the morning.

I've noticed that my car battery seems to be dying very quick if i dont drive it for 2 days the car will be dead. The battery is brand new so it isnt that its like something is draining it, but thats another story.

The main problem i am having is that the car when cold runs sweet, but when the car is warm and im stood at some lights it shakes like a MF and putting some throttle down it starts spluttering like a V8 until it gets high enough where it corrects itself.

I checked under the hood at night and noticed a spark plug sparking on the engine so cleaned all the spark plugs and entrance holes and tightened afew header bolts. But even after all new sparks and a clean it is still missfiring. anyone know what this could be?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

optimusprime
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Ht leads might need replacing .Remove them one at a time and screw them together .If original they are screws at the joints for the plug cap ,, and distributor cap . . This was one problem that I had last year . And in the end it was a bad ht lead . Pick one ht lead up and pop it on each one at a time to find if its a faulty lead, get the longest ht lead so it will reach all the plugs. You also could check all the fuses in the fuse box clean and ,I put a little wd40 on the fuse end and wipe it off after Then grease all the earth pints .You can then rule them out ..Come back after let us know what you find.

JustbeCoz
Part of things
[ *  * ]
When did you last change the dizzy cap, check for water in the base of the spindle under the plastic cover
Just reread and its an m103 so probably not water in the base but i've heard of problems with caps on 2.6 's not lasting too long
Edited by JustbeCoz, Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:49 pm.

stwat
Member Avatar

Dizzy cap and rotor. As mentioned, M103's eat em for breakfast.

optimusprime
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
I must be one of the lucky ones .My cap is original at 29 years and 90755 miles so i think i might get one to keep by me in the boot along with a set of ht leads . I have had a set of ht leads and sent them back ,i purchased from a large well known motor factors in B/Ham .The leads were rubbish they were made by Bosch with all the logo on the box .But not their quality . You see lots of makers in China make parts for others including Bosch under licence and to mercedes specs . No patent house over there so they all clone the parts even down to packaging

Big
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Thanks for the reply guys, I changed the HT leads about a year ago as i snapped the originals but ive never looked at the dizzy cap, ive had this problem before and it seemed to correct itself during summer, wonder if this is a weather thing as i dont have a weather shield for my dizzy cap. it has a hairline crack so i shall be replacing this!

Ill let you know once its done if it worked

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Engine · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys