Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Owner of a 190E
Topic Started: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:54 am (419 Views)
Billy Smalls
[ * ]
Hi, I recently bought my first Mercedes Ė a 1993 190E; 2 litre petrol, manual, history suggests a sheltered life, brown leather, steels, in bronze.
I've never had a Mercedes before as Iíve come from the classic Volvo scene and before that classic Citroen scene (so I understand the dynamics of rust!). I wanted something strong and reliable (who doesnít) that has slightly classic lines. So far, really pleased. However, being 25 years old there are a few little jobs that need seeing to. Iím fairly handy, have a Haynes, am prepared to learn and I do know the value of having am ownerís forum, so here I am.

So here are some questions to kick off:-

No power to antennae or CD changer in the boot Ė not a fuse, so thinking a cable has been trapped and broken? Any ideas?

Top of door cards have unstuck themselves on two of the doors; I understand this may be a common fault, so wanted to know of any particular methods or adhesives that people have had success with?

Whatís the capacity of the fuel tank? Helps with calculating economy.

UK Parts suppliers (or EU for certain parts?) Ė Iíve come across Starpartz, but any others?

Iíve read the top-tips section and very useful; I liked the tip about preventing rear wings being dented from inside boot.

Thatís it for now Ė cheers all
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rhysmangatmotorsport
Member Avatar
Mangatmotorsport
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
_-welcome-_

sharpandroid
Part of things
[ *  * ]
_-welcome-_

Chunk
Member Avatar
Spammer Zapper

Hello there, Welcome to the forum

Door cards sometimes come up for sale sometimes. Keep an eye on the For Sale section

stwat
Member Avatar

Hello and _-welcome-_

R19YSM
[ * ]
_-welcome-_

Billy Smalls
[ * ]
Chunk
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Door cards sometimes come up for sale sometimes. Keep an eye on the For Sale section
Hi, thanks for the advice. The door cards are sounds enough, I guess just a bit warped. So I was thinking more of re-attaching along to top?

EDIT - closer inspection and i can see what's happened. Cards have warped horizontally and torn out from the metal clips that remain clipped to the door metal. I've heard of people unwarping door cards using steam but will most likely make do for now. I think the driver's one has been glued in along the top - so that'll be fun if I need to gain access to inside the door!

Cheers
Edited by Billy Smalls, Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:34 pm.

chico
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
Hello and welcome :driver:

Dinobyn
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Billy Smalls
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:52 am
Chunk
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi, thanks for the advice. The door cards are sounds enough, I guess just a bit warped. So I was thinking more of re-attaching along to top?

EDIT - closer inspection and i can see what's happened. Cards have warped horizontally and torn out from the metal clips that remain clipped to the door metal. I've heard of people unwarping door cards using steam but will most likely make do for now. I think the driver's one has been glued in along the top - so that'll be fun if I need to gain access to inside the door!

Cheers
One of my cards needs doing. I'm going to reshape/mould using pva glue.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Newbies - & W201 190 Buyers Guide · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys