Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Need wheels for my 2.3-16
Topic Started: Sat Feb 3, 2018 12:49 pm (464 Views)
Classic Car Galleria
[ * ]
Hi, Im hooked on getting the Compomotive TH1882 wheels for my 2.3-16

I think they are a bit expensive for me and I also live in Australia.

Is anybody selling second hand ones or very similar wheels.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chunk
Member Avatar
Spammer Zapper

Hi there

They are very nice wheels. Could be costly getting them shipped from cold grey England to sunny hot Australia
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nsx_j
Member Avatar
James
[ *  * ]
G'day. The 1882 is an 18" wheel. I run Compomotive TH1781s on my 16 valve with no bother. I wouldn't want to fit 18s without the extra room afforded by Evo or Evo 2 arches. Just a thought.

James

Almandine-16V
[ * ]
Hi guys, im toying with the idea of fitting a set of Compo TH 1781's on my 2.5-16...

Iv seen what they look like on a black car on this very forum and its convincing me to go for it..... But Im not so sure if they will look as equally as stunning on a Almandine Red car???

PS: Any photoshop gurus feel free to send any pics!

Cheers Dee
Edited by Almandine-16V, Thu Feb 8, 2018 7:53 pm.

nsx_j
Member Avatar
James
[ *  * ]
Almandine-16V
Thu Feb 8, 2018 7:52 pm
Hi guys, im toying with the idea of fitting a set of Compo TH 1781's on my 2.5-16...

Iv seen what they look like on a black car on this very forum and its convincing me to go for it..... But Im not so sure if they will look as equally as stunning on a Almandine Red car???

PS: Any photoshop gurus feel free to send any pics!

Cheers Dee
Dee,

Tomorrow I will be digging out my dark coloured 1781s and fitting them to my project Almandine ahead of a trip to the ramp for a proper alignment. Watch this space..

James

Almandine-16V
[ * ]
Nsx_j, that would be an absolute godsend if you were able to post a pic of how she looks... :)

Look forward to your response!

Cheers Dee

nsx_j
Member Avatar
James
[ *  * ]
Don't hold me to it. But so long as things go to plan then it shall be done. I suspect that they are going to suit the Almandine better than the Smoke Silver.
Edited by nsx_j, Thu Feb 8, 2018 10:59 pm.

Almandine-16V
[ * ]
No worries...

I have only seen them with black and they look lush..

I sure hope they do suit Almandine, as i kinda got my heart set on them!... but just trying to do some due dillegence before i shell out...

Cheers Dee

nsx_j
Member Avatar
James
[ *  * ]
A bit of a hitch today I'm afraid Dee - the nearside front wheel is still on the wonk even after putting the ARB back together. In need of a bit of ramp time before I install the Compomotives and get them Hunter aligned.

James

Almandine-16V
[ * ]
Oh the joys of classic car ownership!

No worries mate, i reckon the grey will work well against the almandine...

Dee

Twin turbo
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Rota d154, but think only 18" is avilable there to now...
Edited by Twin turbo, Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:59 pm.

poormansporsche
Part of things
[ *  * ]
I love the D154 but only came in 8.5 j which is a bit much on a 190.

What about these

ronals

More likely to be able to get in Oz than the compos

Almandine-16V
[ * ]
^^ Those Ronals do look lovely, with the polished finish being a contributing factor to that...

But only available in 18x8, which isnt an issue but only with an offset of ET45.... not sure how that would work on a W201??

poormansporsche
Part of things
[ *  * ]
10mm spacer sorted. The original black ronal aero 18 came with a 35 offset (I had a set :) ) so may be able to order the ball polished ones in a 35.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Wheels & Tyres · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys