Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Repair sill pannels; KLOKKERHOLM repair pannels
Topic Started: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:37 pm (129 Views)
the royal we
Part of things
[ *  * ]
I have a small rust hole right behind the rear jacking gromet. From memory The hole is about the size of 2 50 pence coins. I've seen repair sill pannels from a brand called KLOKKERHOLM with very reasonable prices online the guys on the VW fourms seem to suggest they are decent quality.

I plan to cut rust out and weld a piece of the new pannel in Just interested if anyone had any experience with these pannels or this brand?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Twin turbo
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Used alllot of klokkerholm, its okay repro parts, but ofcourse not 100% like original

the royal we
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Twin turbo
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:12 pm
Used alllot of klokkerholm, its okay repro parts, but ofcourse not 100% like original

Ok thanks I guess its not 100% but its only for the jacking point underneath not a cosmetic pannel. Are original or OEM quality pannels available?

Daliscar
Member Avatar
Always On The Ball
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If you are capable of welding your sill repairs then surely with some sheet steel you could make the repair panels yourself ?

stwat
Member Avatar

^+1

Twin turbo
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Yes for patches you can make it out of sheet metal, but 2sills dont cost that much, so if it is some profilen that is bad, its. Worth it compared to the work of making it yourself if whant it to look okay.

Also would have a look inside to see that inner parts Are okay...
Edited by Twin turbo, Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:00 pm.

optimusprime
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Anyone seen inside the jacking points after the old material is removed before welding ? They are built like tank inside and the fronts are only a cover and do nothing for the strength of the jacking point .New metal can be welded in,thats if the hole is not that bad after its cleaned up ..

the royal we
Part of things
[ *  * ]
optimusprime
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:45 am
Anyone seen inside the jacking points after the old material is removed before welding ? They are built like tank inside and the fronts are only a cover and do nothing for the strength of the jacking point .New metal can be welded in,thats if the hole is not that bad after its cleaned up ..
Yes the outside cosmetic pannel is where the hole is around the hole for the gromet. Its probably a result of having the rubber gromet missing. This is the pannel I am wanting to weld a new section into I want to buy a repair pannel so it looks the same when done rather than just weld a plate over it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bodywork & Exterior · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys