Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Windscreen grease and Road film
Topic Started: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:10 pm (506 Views)
topdog70
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Hi Guys,

trying to clean the oily crap of my 190e windscreen, does not matter how much i clean it, i cannot get it off, i have used hot water, glass cleaner, when i use the wipers i can still see like a rainbow effect on the glass.

any ideas how i can remove this, is there a solution i can use?

ty in advance........ and YES i have replaced the windscreen wiper, cleaned the glass, and it is still there after cleaning the windscreen
Edited by topdog70, Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:11 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chunk
Member Avatar
Spammer Zapper

I spray some of this on the screen before washing it.
Get rid of all grease, grime and daily contaminants

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/gyeon-q2m-iron.html

Only downside is it absolutely stinks
Edited by Chunk, Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:51 pm.

Daliscar
Member Avatar
Always On The Ball
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Are we talking outside only ? Have you thoroughly cleaned the inside ?

Twin turbo
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Glass Foamcleaner, and use a newspaper to wipe

Big Ben
Member Avatar
Sneaky 2.5-16 Driver!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Angelwax Vision! The only glass cleaner I use now. I use clarity in the screen wash and H2GO as a rain repelent. The best I have ever tried!
Edited by Big Ben, Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:13 pm.

Daveycooper
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
If itís oil of some sort, itíll need a degreaser of some sort. Iíd probably just use fairy liquid neat in modest amounts then rinse it all off. Obviously, never wash your car with fairy liquid, but localised application to the windscreen should be fine

horatio
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Try this (super cleaning windscreen)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJkfrY2owb0

This really works with the single wiper, mine glides across now. It used to stick & squeak on the edge even after a new blade and stripping/regreasing the wiper itself.

nsx_j
Member Avatar
James
[ *  * ]
Shaving foam all over and then systematically pull it off with a plastic razor blade. That's clean and then treat with your choice of repellent (RainX, Duxback etc).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Car Care/Valeting · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys