Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What wheel bolts to use?
Topic Started: Tue May 15, 2018 8:02 pm (134 Views)
moleyb
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Had these knocking about and looks like I'm not going to get my others read in time. I've just had a test fit and with the standard bolts it doesn't seem to bite enough...if that makes sense. Seems like it's only 3/4 way

I give up trying post images, any help guys and I can post a pic of the wheels.

They're like these 273205424529 ebay
Edited by moleyb, Tue May 15, 2018 8:22 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MercManCraig
Member Avatar
Craig
[ *  *  * ]
It's a bit awkward fitting W211 wheels to earlier models because of the wheel bolts. They are M14x1.5 with a R14 ball seat rather than the M12x1.5 R12 ball seat on the 190e. What you need are conversion bolts that have the M12 thread with the R14 ball seat.

With the right search going you can find them on ebay with various lengths too, i've no idea what other people do that put the M14 wheels on 190e's they probably just use either normal tuner style taper seated bolts ( yuk ) or bang them up with the standard 190e bolts but i can't say i'd be comfortable doing that on my motor.

moleyb
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Cheers Craig I'll get searching, nice info bud.

moleyb
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Are 190's hub centres 66.5? Gotta get spacers.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Wheels & Tyres · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys