Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Engine Bay Hose Insulation
Topic Started: Wed May 30, 2018 7:50 pm (336 Views)
TPD1
Part of things
[ *  * ]
I'm in the process of cleaning and tidying up the engine bay, has anyone replaced the hose insulation or found an alternative? It currently lets down the overall look of the engine compartment I think, I'm not aiming for it to be concourse but if you can easily replace it then it would make a big difference to the appearance.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MercManCraig
Member Avatar
Craig
[ *  *  * ]
I removed the hangy bits of the fiberglass wrap and neatly wrapped the heat-shield sleeve with foil heat reflective tape.

TPD1
Part of things
[ *  * ]
MercManCraig
Wed May 30, 2018 10:02 pm
I removed the hangy bits of the fiberglass wrap and neatly wrapped the heat-shield sleeve with foil heat reflective tape.
I thought about doing that, saves removing the hoses. Did you just use a normal reflective thermal tape, so it looks like aluminium foil?

stwat
Member Avatar

I painted mine silver when I did the manifolds. Not perfect but certainly better than it was.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by stwat, Thu May 31, 2018 9:45 pm.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

optimusprime
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Can i ask the reason you guys have wrapped the brake servo pipe ????
Posted Image

optimusprime
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
optimusprime
Fri Jun 1, 2018 10:52 am
Posted Image that was an old picture i have these badges to stick on the covers just 3 left i can send you one free to the first three that want one .

Posted Image

TPD1
Part of things
[ *  * ]
optimusprime
Fri Jun 1, 2018 10:58 am
optimusprime
Fri Jun 1, 2018 10:52 am
Posted Image that was an old picture i have these badges to stick on the covers just 3 left i can send you one free to the first three that want one .

Posted Image
It should have some thermal insulation one as standard so looks like yours has been removed. Not sure how critical it is? It's away from the exhaust manifold so wouldn't exceed the rated temperature of the hose I wouldn't think. Might reduce the vacuum very slightly as the air get heated in the tube over the engine.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Car Care/Valeting · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys