Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What is the extra fuel line?
Topic Started: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:09 am (153 Views)
Dannyj1092
[ * ]
Hi guys can anyone help im trying to determine what line is for what, ive worked out the main fuel lone is the big one that goes to fuel pump but why is there two returns? Am i able to blank one off? As my engine is now being swapped and only will need one return from the engine bay? Thanks

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

optimusprime
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Fuel return it must return to the tank .

roadhog
Needs Help
[ * ]
One of the smaller diameter pipes is the return, the other is a vent pipe which goes to the charcoal filter in the nearside front wing. I've heard of people disconnecting it on W124s because the filter is blocked but I don't think you can do away with it completely as the tank needs some form of pressure relief.

Dannyj1092
[ * ]
roadhog
Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:46 am
One of the smaller diameter pipes is the return, the other is a vent pipe which goes to the charcoal filter in the nearside front wing. I've heard of people disconnecting it on W124s because the filter is blocked but I don't think you can do away with it completely as the tank needs some form of pressure relief.
Thats ok then was just worried id have an idle fuel hose in the engine bay, as it has purpose ill leave it there, thanks for the info

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Technical Information & How To Guides/Walkthroughs · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys