Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Evo 1 steering wheel
Topic Started: Wed Aug 1, 2018 10:34 pm (222 Views)
oldskoolcool
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Just saw this very nice looking Evo 1 up for auction. I might be wrong but the steering wheel looks like a standard 190e item and not the leather trimmed one ?
Hopefully not on a 100,000 euro car.
190e 2.3 16 Evolution 1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Big Ben
Member Avatar
Sneaky 2.5-16 Driver!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Surely the evo1 was a 2.5-16? Or have I misread what was written on the engine of all the ones I've seen! Evo 2 wheels and the ride height seems a bit high. Something not quite right with that car, leave well alone!

oldskoolcool
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Never seen an Evo in person but I was under the impression they were all 2.5 16's aswell. Think it's a misprint as on the lot info it says 2.5. Still not sure about that steering wheel being correct though.

JackOBrien
Member Avatar
VAG Parts bin refugee
[ *  * ]
The Evo I is a 2.5 yes, engine code M102.991 - and the steering wheel is wrong.

YOREVOL
Part of things
[ *  * ]
no aircon and the front looks high. steering wheel should be leather(can you imagine paying over the odds when new to have a standard wheel) is the stereo original?
i prefer the evo1 to all others.

Will
Member Avatar
Highly Addicted
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Steering wheel incorrect as mentioned
Lap timer LCD faulty
Mirror housings painted in body colour, should be satin black
Description incorrect (2.3-16) letís hope itís got the correct engine!
Wheels are nice but incorrect too
Wood trim around the gear shifter has been painted or something?

Stereo looks correct though.

Probably a nice car still but doesnít look like £100kís worth to me.

Will
Member Avatar
Highly Addicted
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
YOREVOL
Thu Aug 2, 2018 6:11 pm
no aircon and the front looks high. steering wheel should be leather(can you imagine paying over the odds when new to have a standard wheel) is the stereo original?
i prefer the evo1 to all others.
Air conditioning wasnít standard fitment on these.

JackOBrien
Member Avatar
VAG Parts bin refugee
[ *  * ]
Will, I completely agree. Auction houses at the moment seem to be guiding anything with Evo written on it at ridiculous figures only for them to not meet reserve. The car offered at Historics last month was a total dog and had clearly had a very hard life. Iíve bought regular 190s for sub £1500 that have been immeasurably better and more original cars!

BrunoSaccofan
Part of things
[ *  * ]
I would love to know what this Evo sells for. The more Evo's sell for, the more ours will increase in value. That's not all bad. :evo2:

Michael
Needs Help
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Big Ben
Wed Aug 1, 2018 11:15 pm
Surely the evo1 was a 2.5-16? Or have I misread what was written on the engine of all the ones I've seen! Evo 2 wheels and the ride height seems a bit high. Something not quite right with that car, leave well alone!
Right on Ben. They never existed,

stwat
Member Avatar

http://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/mercedes/vin_check?su=nbfnwcek0yq7

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Interior · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys