Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Photobucket
Welcome to Mercedes-190.co.uk

We are the Mercedes 190 owners forum, the place to be for all owners and fans of the Mercedes 190E, 190 and 190D cars. Including Cosworth (2.3 16v and 2.5 16v), EVO 1 and EVO 2 models. Modified and concourse, track cars and daily drivers, all are welcome.

This free UK based forum was started back in November 2005 to serve the Mercedes 190 W201 community and now has over 9000 members from all around the world and 600,000 + posts.

The members welcome you and encourage you to stay a while and have a look around.
We offer you friendly chat and access to some very useful information as well as tutorials with photos and videos for many common repair and maintenance jobs.
Whatever your needs there is a good chance you will be able to find what your looking for. Such as our Mercedes 190 buyers guide

Sign up to gain access to all areas including for sale / classified areas and country wide meetings and events. Many forum features and sections are only available once you sign up.

Join our forum at mercedes-190.co.uk!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

**New members signing up**
please check your junk mail for the email authorization email
otherwise we cannot verify your new account.
I have noticed a lot of unauthorized accounts in the system.
Regards
Admin

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hello...back again...close to buy another 190D; Looking for some help before i buy my 2nd 190D
Topic Started: Mon Aug 6, 2018 8:42 pm (281 Views)
tallman
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Hello All,

4 years ago i bought a beautiful 1991 2.5D but had to sell it after a year....now i am an inch close to buy my 2nd 1991 2.5D Auto. Very beautiful car and has all the extras except one missing which I really hate...it does not have the rear headrests. I cannot locate A2019700000 anywhere on the web?? any help with that? do you know the costs and where i can buy it?

One other question...it seems that from 4 years ago all VIN decoders disappeared...any help with that please? do you gave a working one in hand please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated before i commit on the second one

Thank you
D.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Greek Taxi
Member Avatar
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
Get it bought - we're hardly falling over 2.5s!
You could get the rear headrest bits later from a scrapper.

tallman
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Greek Taxi
Mon Aug 6, 2018 9:50 pm
Get it bought - we're hardly falling over 2.5s!
You could get the rear headrest bits later from a scrapper.
Thatís the thing...i cannot locate any from scrappers.

chico
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
Hi tallman, there is one near Glasgow who is breaking a 190 with the rear headrests.
His ad is on Gumtree Glasgow under Mercedes190e parts.

tallman
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
chico
Tue Aug 7, 2018 6:18 am
Hi tallman, there is one near Glasgow who is breaking a 190 with the rear headrests.
His ad is on Gumtree Glasgow under Mercedes190e parts.
Hello, the problem is that i live in Malta...far far away :)

chico
More than part of things
[ *  *  * ]
Oh sorry didnít realise that,i still think you should go for it,who knows maybe some will turn up somewhere closer too you. :driver:

Light
Part of things
[ *  * ]
That part number comes up as available for 75 euros (!) each. I'm not sure what you mean by VIN decoder. This VIN decoder works alright, it gets the year wrong for some reason but everything else is accurate https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/ I don't see it as being that useful though,

If you mean parts diagrams, here is the one I use https://www.ilcats.ru/mercedes/?function=getModels&class=1&language=en
Edited by Light, Tue Aug 7, 2018 4:42 pm.

BrunoSaccofan
Part of things
[ *  * ]
I think you should buy the car and then I would suggest you contact the MB Classic Center and give them your VIN number. They can help you. They should also be able to advise you on the availability of the headrests as well. :driver:

tallman
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Light
Tue Aug 7, 2018 4:28 pm
That part number comes up as available for 75 euros (!) each. I'm not sure what you mean by VIN decoder. This VIN decoder works alright, it gets the year wrong for some reason but everything else is accurate https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/ I don't see it as being that useful though,

If you mean parts diagrams, here is the one I use https://www.ilcats.ru/mercedes/?function=getModels&class=1&language=en
Hello Light

There used to be vin decoders that will ask for the vin number and they will give you all the details of the car, year, specs, extras...etc....I believe it was a russian website..the one you provided thinks its a 2008 C-Class :)

As regards to the parts, where did you find that it is available for Euro 75?

The headrests that i am after would need to be Black MB-Tex.

Thank you
D.

tallman
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
BrunoSaccofan
Tue Aug 7, 2018 4:40 pm
I think you should buy the car and then I would suggest you contact the MB Classic Center and give them your VIN number. They can help you. They should also be able to advise you on the availability of the headrests as well. :driver:
Hello - my local agent said that headrests are no longer available new.
Part number A2019700150 - this should be black MB-Tex

BrunoSaccofan
Part of things
[ *  * ]
tallman
Tue Aug 7, 2018 5:03 pm
BrunoSaccofan
Tue Aug 7, 2018 4:40 pm
Hello - my local agent said that headrests are no longer available new.
Part number A2019700150 - this should be black MB-Tex
I would still try the MB Classic Center. They might be able to do a special order. :driver:

Light
Part of things
[ *  * ]
https://partssearch.mercedes-benz-classic.com/parts/A2019700000?tt=manual

That's where I got my result from

danwilson
Part of things
[ *  * ]
DATAMB.COM

tallman
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
danwilson
Wed Aug 8, 2018 8:43 pm
DATAMB.COM
great stuff guys thanks....

but with regret i got to know that although i agreed to buy, the car was sold to someone else...... :ermm: :-/

Michael
Needs Help
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Is this one of any interest?
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1013572
Or this beauty.
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C889970
Edited by Michael, Thu Aug 9, 2018 7:11 pm.

tallman
Member Avatar
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Michael
Thu Aug 9, 2018 7:02 pm
the 2.5 is nice, but if old and not 30 year old, the government will eat you alive with taxes here.

MidnightblueW201
[ * ]
Michael
Thu Aug 9, 2018 7:02 pm
What a nice unit the Japanese one, they came with a lot of equippment. Regarding the engine, I have had the opportunity of driving one and I couldn't believe an old diesel could be that soft, it is true that the unit I had the chance to drive was very well kept. Here in Spain the 2.5d is a very demanded and well-considered engine in these cars. To me, it has enough power for the daily traffic situations. For sure you won't regret buying this version. Unfortunately, I don't know what is the current situation with the taxes for the diesel cars in the UK.

In any case, good luck with the purchase.

Michael
Edited by MidnightblueW201, Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:56 pm.

Light
Part of things
[ *  * ]
Tax is simple for old diesel cars. It's over 1.5 litres so I pay £255, like every other 190 owner here.

BrunoSaccofan
Part of things
[ *  * ]
The Japanese W201 looks to me to be in concours condition and a real beauty where the other one is probably more of a daily driver quality and still a great car. I personally think that the Japenese one has been kept in the concours condition for so long that it should probably continue to be kept that way at this point and be bought as a 2nd car rather than a daily driver. I think the concours condition ones will be the collectible ones. They're already starting to go for higher prices because of their condition. That looks to be the case with this one. I think it all depends on whether you want a concours collectible W201 as a 2nd car or if you want a solid daily driver. If you want a solid daily driver which will still be a great and reliable car, I would go with the first one. Just my 2 cents. Advise is always worth what you pay for it. :driver:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Newbies - & W201 190 Buyers Guide · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Email me if anyone replys